Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
In partnership with Mitacs, post-secondary institutions and employers, Alberta supports about 1,275 internship opportunities annually to enhance work-integrated learning for students and researchers.
Mitacs has a proven track record in supporting research and innovation, a broad network of partners, and an ability to provide high quality research internships and training opportunities in Alberta’s priority fields.
Students can expect to apply their talents at a paid internship working on a wide variety of innovative projects, though one of the 6 program streams.
In all cases, interns will gain valuable hands-on learning in a challenging and supportive work setting that will give them practical, real life skills and prepare them for success in their chosen field.
Internships are available across 6 program streams:
- Accelerate – Interns work on a peer-reviewed research project to address a business challenge faced by an industry partner
- Accelerate Entrepreneur – Students entrepreneurs develop research or technology at the core of their business supported by an incubator
- Accelerate International – Interns participate in global research collaborations
- Elevate – Post-doctoral fellows tackle a sophisticated research challenge
- Business Strategy Internships – Interns support businesses with restoring or modifying their business operations to adapt to the current business environment
- Assessment Internship Initiative – Interns assess a host organization’s technology need and help identify a path forward such as adopting new technologies.
There are opportunities available for students seeking internships and work experience, and for organizations who wish to host interns and benefit from the talent they bring.
For more information about eligibility and how to apply:
If you require additional assistance contact the Public Awareness Branch.
Connect with the Public Awareness Branch:
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.