Since 2010, Alberta has welcomed international student researchers to the province through the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship program.
These undergraduate students from around the world experience Alberta and Canada as a leading destination for research and innovation.
This program pairs top-ranked students with faculty at Albertan and Canadian universities for 12 weeks. Internships run from May to September.
- work with the faculty member on a research project of mutual interest
- develop their skills in professional development workshops
- learn from experts in their field
Faculty members benefit from:
- students' international perspectives and experience
- being able to evaluate potential graduate students
- sharing the wide range of Canadian research opportunities with students
Globalink research interns network with:
- government representatives
- business leaders
Globalink Mentors also help interns learn about life on campus and in Canada.
See the Mitacs website for eligibility and how to apply for a Mitacs Globalink Research Internship.
Connect with the International Education and Intergovernmental Coordination Branch:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.