Promoting safe communities by:
- providing custodial and community supervision
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and Orders in Council
Report a poacher
Play a role in protecting our fish and wildlife resources and natural surroundings by reporting suspicious or illegal activity.
Rural Crime Announcement
The province is standing up for rural Albertans by acting on concerns to deter crime, reinforce property rights and give victims a stronger voice in the justice system.
Notice to intervenors
- Oct 21, 2020
Proposed changes to the Police Act would formally recognize First Nations police services in legislation.
- Oct 07, 2020
PwC Canada will provide the government with an independent assessment of a possible transition to an Alberta provincial police service.
- Sep 27, 2020
Minister of Justice and Solicitor General issued the following statement on Police and Peace Officer’s Memorial Day: