Promoting safe communities by:
- providing custodial and community supervision
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and Orders in Council
Report a poacher
Play a role in protecting our fish and wildlife resources and natural surroundings by reporting suspicious or illegal activity.
Rural Crime Announcement
The province is standing up for rural Albertans by acting on concerns to deter crime, reinforce property rights and give victims a stronger voice in the justice system.
Notice to intervenors
- Sep 18, 2020
Alberta Sheriffs have closed a property in Red Deer that was a haven for ongoing drug activity.
- Sep 10, 2020
Construction of a new courthouse in downtown Red Deer is set to begin.
- Sep 09, 2020
Two new assistant chief judges have been appointed to the Provincial Court of Alberta.