Promoting safe communities by:
- providing custodial and community supervision
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and Orders in Council
Alberta’s budget is focused on protecting lives and livelihoods, investing in health care, preparing for recovery and spending responsibly.
Report a poacher
Play a role in protecting our fish and wildlife resources and natural surroundings by reporting suspicious or illegal activity.
Rural Crime Announcement
The province is standing up for rural Albertans by acting on concerns to deter crime, reinforce property rights and give victims a stronger voice in the justice system.
People at risk of domestic violence have the right to get information about potentially harmful intimate partners. Read about Clare's Law in Alberta.
- Jun 21, 2021
The Alberta Sheriffs have shut down a flop house in Edson where drug activity was a source of trouble for the surrounding neighbourhood.
- Jun 16, 2021
Alberta communities can now apply for grants to prevent youth involvement in gangs.
- Jun 11, 2021
The new Alberta Security Infrastructure Program will help protect targets of hate-motivated crime with funding for security upgrades.