Promoting safe communities by:
- providing custodial and community supervision
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and Orders in Council
Alberta’s budget is focused on protecting lives and livelihoods, investing in health care, preparing for recovery and spending responsibly.
Report a poacher
Play a role in protecting our fish and wildlife resources and natural surroundings by reporting suspicious or illegal activity.
Rural Crime Announcement
The province is standing up for rural Albertans by acting on concerns to deter crime, reinforce property rights and give victims a stronger voice in the justice system.
Notice to intervenors
- May 12, 2021
The Alberta Sheriffs have shut down a drug house in Lethbridge after another successful collaboration with local police.
- May 04, 2021
The Sheriff Highway Patrol is stepping up inspections for Roadcheck 2021, a three-day campaign focusing on commercial vehicle safety.
- Apr 19, 2021
Proposed legislation would allow all MLAs to publicly debate referendum topics.