Promoting safe communities by:
- providing custodial and community supervision
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and Orders in Council
Report a poacher
Play a role in protecting our fish and wildlife resources and natural surroundings by reporting suspicious or illegal activity.
Rural Crime Announcement
The province is standing up for rural Albertans by acting on concerns to deter crime, reinforce property rights and give victims a stronger voice in the justice system.
Notice to intervenors
- May 19, 2020
The government’s newly appointed Human Trafficking Task Force will find ways to prevent human trafficking and protect and empower survivors.
- May 13, 2020
Alberta Sheriffs have closed a drug house that was threatening the safety and well-being of residents in an Edmonton neighbourhood.
- May 11, 2020
Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Doug Schweitzer issued the following statement commemorating National Police Week: