Promoting safe communities by:
- providing custodial and community supervision
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and Orders in Council
Report a poacher
Play a role in protecting our fish and wildlife resources and natural surroundings by reporting suspicious or illegal activity.
Rural Crime Announcement
The province is standing up for rural Albertans by acting on concerns to deter crime, reinforce property rights and give victims a stronger voice in the justice system.
Notice to intervenors
- Jan 01, 2021
Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Kaycee Madu issued the following statement on the death of Sgt. Andrew Harnett of the Calgary Police Service:
- Dec 21, 2020
Alberta Sheriffs have shut down a drug house in northeast Calgary that was a magnet for violence and criminal activity.
- Dec 16, 2020
Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women Leela Sharon Aheer, Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Kaycee Madu, Minister of Community and Social Services Rajan Sawhney, and the Anti-Racism Advisory Council issued the following statement on the recent hate-motivated assaults in Edmonton: