Promoting safe communities by:
- providing custodial and community supervision
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and Orders in Council
Report a poacher
Play a role in protecting our fish and wildlife resources and natural surroundings by reporting suspicious or illegal activity.
Rural Crime Announcement
The province is standing up for rural Albertans by acting on concerns to deter crime, reinforce property rights and give victims a stronger voice in the justice system.
Notice to intervenors
- Jul 30, 2020
Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Doug Schweitzer, Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women Leela Sharon Aheer, Minister of Community and Social Services Rajan Sawhney and Minister of Children’s Services Rebecca Schulz issued the following joint statement on World Day against Trafficking in Persons.
- Jun 23, 2020
In order to get a fair deal for Albertans, Bill 26, the Constitutional Referendum Amendment Act, would allow the government to seek Albertans’ guidance on initiatives beyond constitutional matters.
- Jun 23, 2020
Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Doug Schweitzer issued the following statement on the National Day of Remembrance for Victims of Terrorism: