Promoting safe communities by:
- providing custodial and community supervision
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and Orders in Council
Report a poacher
Play a role in protecting our fish and wildlife resources and natural surroundings by reporting suspicious or illegal activity.
Rural Crime Announcement
The province is standing up for rural Albertans by acting on concerns to deter crime, reinforce property rights and give victims a stronger voice in the justice system.
Notice to intervenors
- Mar 03, 2020
New funding will expand the Blood Tribe safe withdrawal site and give local police the tools they need to keep Indigenous Albertans safe.
- Mar 02, 2020
A new drug treatment court in Lethbridge will help support addiction treatment and recovery, while increased funding for police will target drug traffickers and suppliers.
- Feb 25, 2020
The Government of Alberta has introduced legislation to protect critical infrastructure from blockades, protests and illegal activities.