Promoting safe communities by:
- providing custodial and community supervision
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and Orders in Council
Alberta’s budget is focused on protecting lives and livelihoods, investing in health care, preparing for recovery and spending responsibly.
Report a poacher
Play a role in protecting our fish and wildlife resources and natural surroundings by reporting suspicious or illegal activity.
Rural Crime Announcement
The province is standing up for rural Albertans by acting on concerns to deter crime, reinforce property rights and give victims a stronger voice in the justice system.
Notice to intervenors
- Feb 23, 2021
Alberta’s government has appointed a special adviser to help with its review of the Police Act.
- Feb 22, 2021
Minister of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women Leela Sharon Aheer, Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Kaycee Madu and Minister of Children’s Services Rebecca Schulz issued the following statements on National Human Trafficking Awareness Day:
- Feb 18, 2021
Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Kaycee Madu issued the following statement on proposed federal justice legislation: