Promoting safe communities by:
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and orders-in-council
We are studying whether a made-in-Alberta provincial police service can improve public safety and build safer communities for everyone in Alberta, no matter where they live.
- Feb 14, 2024Making legal aid accessible to more Albertans | L’aide juridique accessible à un plus grand nombre d’Albertaines et d’Albertains
Alberta’s government is increasing financial eligibility guidelines so that more Albertans can qualify for legal aid and get the legal support they need.
- Jan 30, 2024Empowering communities to boost access to justice | Conférer aux communautés le pouvoir d’accroître l’accès à la justice
A new one-time grant will support community-based initiatives to increase access to justice for Albertans.
- Dec 19, 2023
Alberta’s government will continue defending the province’s constitutional jurisdiction and economy by intervening in Ottawa’s appeal of the Federal Court’s ruling on plastics.