Promoting safe communities by:
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and orders-in-council
We are studying whether a made-in-Alberta provincial police service can improve public safety and build safer communities for everyone in Alberta, no matter where they live.
- Oct 4, 2023
Alberta’s government is investing in courthouse infrastructure to provide Albertans with courthouses that are modern, safe and easy to access.
- Sep 28, 2023
Ambreen Azim has been appointed as a full-time justice of the peace effective Dec. 4.
- Sep 20, 2023
Minister of Justice Mickey Amery and Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Services Mike Ellis issued the following statement on federal bail legislation:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.