Information is available for individuals evacuating to Alberta from Northwest Territories wildfires. Learn more.
Promoting safe communities by:
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and orders-in-council
We are studying whether a made-in-Alberta provincial police service can improve public safety and build safer communities for everyone in Alberta, no matter where they live.
- Sep 20, 2023
Minister of Justice Mickey Amery and Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Services Mike Ellis issued the following statement on federal bail legislation:
- Sep 11, 2023
New targeted prosecution units and stricter bail protocol will make offenders accountable for their actions and better protect Albertans from violent criminal activity.
- Aug 28, 2023
Justice James A. Hunter has been appointed chief justice of the Alberta Court of Justice effective Sept. 1.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.