Promoting safe communities by:
- prosecuting serious and violent crime cases
Improving access to justice by:
- sharing information to help resolve legal issues
- providing legal representation for those in need
Providing legal and strategic services to government by:
- representing ministries in matters before the courts and tribunals
- drafting public government bills, regulations and orders-in-council
We are studying whether a made-in-Alberta provincial police service can improve public safety and build safer communities for everyone in Alberta, no matter where they live.
- Nov 30, 2023
New rules will remove the requirement for wills to be translated from French to English.
- Nov 22, 2023
Justice Joyce L. Lester has been appointed as the assistant chief justice of the Alberta Court of Justice, Edmonton Criminal Division, for a five-year term.
- Nov 9, 2023
Updated justice legislation would clarify definitions, increase access to justice and ensure legal provisions are current.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.