These publications are developed with data provided by Statistics Canada. Statistics Canada periodically applies standard revisions to estimates, and seasonally adjusted values from previous years may not reflect the most recent data available.
Current labour market information is essential to career practitioners, employers, teachers and students.
Whether you are doing workforce planning, hiring, offering career advice or exploring job options, you can get a better picture of the provincial labour force with data and in-depth information provided below.
Job vacancy resources
Labour market highlights
The Alberta Labour Market Highlights provides a quick snapshot of the province’s labour market condition. Find information on factors affecting Alberta’s workforce and statistics showing the on-going changes in Alberta’s labour market.
Demographics, estimated wages and employment trends are highlighted in profiles of 18 major Alberta industries below.
- Accommodation and Food Services Industry
- Agricultural Industry
- Business, Building and Other Support Services Industry
- Construction Industry
- Educational Services Industry
- Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Leasing Industry
- Forestry Industry
- Health Care and Social Assistance Industry
- Information, Culture and Recreation Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Mining and Oil and Gas Extraction Industry
- Other Services Industry
- Professional, Scientific and Technical Services Industry
- Public Administration Industry
- Retail Trade Industry
- Transportation and Warehousing Industry
- Utilities Industry
- Wholesale Trade Industry
Labour force profiles
This series of profiles on target groups provides detailed information about their involvement in the Alberta labour force.
Alberta’s six target groups:
Census 2021 reports
A series of reports examining Alberta's labour market using data from the 2021 Census of Population.
- Report 1 – Labour Force Statistics, Employment Income, Retired and Older Workers Highlights
Connect with Labour Force Statistics:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.