COVID-19: State of public health emergency. Mandatory measures remain in effect provincewide.

IQAS assessment for employment, education or licensure

If you plan to work or study, you can get an assessment that compares your credentials to educational standards in Canada.

Services and information

Follow these steps to apply for an IQAS assessment for employment, education or licensure.

See if the organization or institution you are applying to needs an IQAS assessment.

If your address changes before your assessment is completed, you must update your profile information in the IQAS application portal.

You can order additional copies of each certificate you get.

To apply for an IQAS assessment for work or study, you must get your educational documents translated to English.

IQAS assessments are done on an individual basis and include a process with quality assurance measures.

This type of assessment cannot be used for immigration purposes. Find out how to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for Canadian immigration purposes.


The International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) is an Alberta government service. It does assessments and issues certificates that compare educational credentials from other countries to educational standards in Canada.

In Canada, some occupations are regulated. Regulated occupations have legal requirements or restrictions in place to protect the public. To work in these occupations, you must register with the appropriate professional regulatory organization.

Regulated occupations in Alberta

Who can apply

You can get this type of assessment if you have a formal academic or technical degree, diploma or certificate earned outside Canada.

IQAS doesn’t evaluate training received in these areas:

  • trades
  • vocational
  • professional

Why get an assessment

You can get an assessment to support your:

  • job search
  • application for professional licensure
  • application for post-secondary education