The United Nations recognizes December 3 as the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD). The Premier’s Council on the Status of Persons with Disabilities provides grants to help community groups hold IDPD events that:
- raise awareness about the importance and value of respecting differences, accepting and including persons with disabilities
- align with the guiding principle of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Applications are now being accepted.
Application deadline: July 28, 2023
You can apply for funds to hold IDPD events that:
- raise awareness and demonstrate the importance of including persons with disabilities in the broader community
- are inclusive and open to all
- are organized and hosted by community groups and agencies working collaboratively as a committee
- held on or around December 3
Grants may cover expenses for barrier-free access, such as:
- sign language interpreters
- real-time captioning
- equipment rental to accommodate specific disability needs
- hall rentals
Your committee can apply for a grant of up to $1,500.
How to apply
Step 1. Complete the application form
Complete the 2023 event application form (PDF, 427 KB).
- If you need an application form in an alternate format, contact the Council office.
- It is important the application and supporting documents do not exceed 6 pages.
- Any missing information may result in the application not being accepted.
Step 2. Submit application
If you are unable to email or if you require further information, contact the Council office.
Deadline to apply is July 28, 2023.
After you apply
Your committee will get a letter and grant funding agreement if your application is successful.
Read the agreement to learn how the grant funding will reimburse your expenses.
- Complete, sign and return the agreement to the Premier’s Council Secretariat to confirm your committee will organize and host the event.
- Make sure to recognize the Premier’s Council as a sponsor in your communication and promotional materials.
Connect with the Premier’s Council Secretariat:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: dial 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
TTY: 711 for the message relay service
Email: [email protected]
Suite 1110, 10055 106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2Y2
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.