The Heritage Preservation Partnership Program is being restructured. Although outstanding commitments will be honoured, no new grants will be awarded in 2020.
The program will begin accepting applications again in 2021, with a deadline of February 1, 2021. If you have any questions, contact Matthew Wangler, Executive Director, Historic Resources Management branch, at 780-438-8503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programs and activities
The Alberta government supports heritage through a number of programs and by providing funding to heritage organizations.
Heritage Preservation Partnership Program
This Heritage Preservation Partnership Program administers the following grants and scholarships:
- Bob Etherington Heritage Conservation Fund
- Heritage awareness grants
- Historic resource conservation grants
- Research grants
- Roger Soderstrom Scholarship
- Transportation/Industrial artifact conservation grants
- Publication grants
Annual funding to five provincial heritage organizations and the Glenbow Museum:
- Alberta Museums Association – operational funding
- Archives Society of Alberta – operational funding
- Historical Society of Alberta – operational funding
- Alberta Genealogical Society – operational funding
- Archaeological Society of Alberta – operational funding
- Glenbow Museum – to manage government-owned collections
- Alberta Heritage Markers – supports the production of heritage markers
- bi-annual Heritage Awards – recognizes the contributions of individuals and organizations to the preservation of Alberta’s heritage
- Alberta Geographical Names Program, which makes decisions, in agreement with the Minister, on naming geographical features in Alberta
- the hearing of representations by interested parties respecting the designation of historic resources