Health Budget highlights – Alberta has the best front-line health care workers in the world and Budget 2023 provides the right supports to ensure Albertans get the care they need when and where they need it.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- Alberta budget
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Office of Alberta Health Advocates
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Budget 2023 is securing Alberta's future.
- Feb 21, 2024
Medical first responder (MFR) agencies across the province will receive targeted funding to support the highest quality of emergency care in Alberta communities.
- Feb 8, 2024
Family doctors will soon receive additional payments to help manage an increasing number of patients.
- Feb 5, 2024
Minister of Health Adriana LaGrange issued the following statement on National Catholic Health Care Week: