Health Budget highlights – Alberta has the best front-line health care workers in the world and Budget 2023 provides the right supports to ensure Albertans get the care they need when and where they need it.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- Alberta budget
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Office of Alberta Health Advocates
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Budget 2023 is securing Alberta's future.
- Nov 28, 2023
Alberta’s government is taking action to address Emergency Medical Services (EMS) concerns provincewide with a new advisory committee, performance framework and fourth dispatch centre.
- Nov 27, 2023
Work is ongoing by the Food Safety and Licensed Facility-based Child Care Review Panel to assess regulations governing food safety in child-care settings.
- Nov 22, 2023
Alberta’s government is expanding opportunities for nurse practitioners to give Albertans greater access to a regular primary care provider when and where they need one.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.