Health Budget highlights – Alberta has the best front-line health care workers in the world and Budget 2023 provides the right supports to ensure Albertans get the care they need when and where they need it.
The Ministry of Health works to ensure Albertans receive the right health care services, at the right time, in the right place, provided by the right health care providers and teams.
Alberta Health is responsible for:
- setting policy, legislation and standards for the health system in Alberta
- allocating health funding
- administering provincial programs such as the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan
- providing expertise on communicable disease control
- implementing and ensuring compliance with government policy
Health services are planned and delivered by Alberta Health Services. Some public health services may also be provided by private health care clinics, for example, dentists' offices.
- Alberta budget
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Office of Alberta Health Advocates
- Health Quality Council of Alberta
- MyHealth Alberta
Budget 2023 is securing Alberta's future.
- Sep 19, 2023
As hospital admissions and daily numbers of new E. coli cases continue to decline, health officials are seeing signs that the initial outbreak that affected several Calgary daycares has peaked.
- Sep 18, 2023
Minister of Health Adriana LaGrange issued the following statement on the start of respiratory virus season:
- Sep 15, 2023
Dr. Mark Joffe, Chief Medical Officer of Health, issued the following statement on the E. Coli situation in Calgary:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.