Services and information


There are different ways to pay for basic education, academic upgrading or English as a Second Language (ESL).

If you are:

Types of funding

Most financial assistance is for full-time programs, but not everyone can study full-time. For example, you may need to work while you learn to keep up with ongoing expenses.

Community adult learning

Programs that offer part-time, nonformal learning options, like community adult learning, provide supports that help you with:

  • child care
  • transportation
  • waived fees

Contact a community adult learning provider in your area to find out what they provide.

Learner Income Support (full-time) or Skills Investment Bursary (part-time)

You may be able to access Learner Income Support or the Skills Investment Bursary if you are eligible to take an approved program.

Learning options help you get an education comparable to a high school graduate. Part-time or full-time options are available, depending on your circumstances.

Find out how to apply for Learner Income Support or the Skills Investment Bursary.

Not sure where to start?

Contact Alberta Supports for more information.