Accreditation & Certification Program dates adjusted for Holiday Closure
December 6 – last day exam packages will be mailed out
December 19 – last day for application review
December 25 to January 1 - holiday closure (all Alberta government offices are closed)
January 10, 2024 – first date exam packages can be sent out in 2024
January 25, 2024 – first possible date 2024 exam can be held
We administer International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) and Pro Board-accredited testing and certification for municipal and industrial fire rescue services in Alberta.
Employers decide what training and qualifications are needed to ensure the safety and competence of their employees. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) certification of fire service members is not required by the provincial government.
We test and certify to the following NFPA standards:
- 1001 Firefighter Levels I & II
- 1033 Fire Investigator Levels I
- 1002 Driver/Operator, Pump Operator and Aerial Operator
- 1041 Fire Service Instructor Levels I & II
- 1006 Technical Rescue Awareness, Rope Rescue I & II and Vehicle Rescue I
- 1051 Wildland Firefighter Level I
- 1021 Fire Officer Levels I & II
- 1072 Hazardous Materials Awareness, Operations and Technician
- 1031 Fire Inspector Levels I & II
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.