COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Authorized registry agents can provide most registration services for your corporation, trade name or partnership.
Some law firms also provide registrations as part of their professional services to clients.
Registrations are grouped into 3 service levels, depending on the complexity of the service. Some service providers will provide all 3 levels of services, while others may provide only one or 2 levels of service.
A registry agent will charge a service fee to review and record your information in the Corporate Registry computer system. Service fees are not regulated and may vary from one agent to another. There is also a government fee for certain registrations.
Level 1: basic registrations
- annual return for corporation or limited liability partnership
- change of corporation address, shareholder, director, agent for service or partner
- change of address for shareholder, director, partner or declarant
- new partnership or trade name
- partnership amendment
- trade name or partnership cancellation
- New West Partnership extra-provincial (optional)
Level 2: advanced registration
- incorporation/new registration
- continue into/out of Alberta
- name change and selected other changes
Level 3: complex registrations
- share structure and other fundamental changes (Alberta corporation)
- arrangement/reorganization/restatement (Alberta corporation)
- select revivals (Alberta corporation)
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.