Table of contents

Basic rules

  • All unsatisfied judgments from Employment Standards are made public.
  • If any enforcement action requiring payment has been issued as a result of a complaint and the employer fails to comply, the action is filed with the Court.
  • Once filed with the Court, the action is enforceable as a Court judgment.
  • A judgment may be collected through means other than direct payment from an employer. See Judgment collection for more information.

Search for an employer

While every effort is made to keep the information on this list up-to-date and accurate, Employment Standards cannot guarantee that all information is accurate, complete or current at all times. No endorsement or representation of any employer is expressed or implied by any information, material or content included on this list.

How to be removed from the registry

An employer must comply with the judgment and pay it in full in order to be removed from the registry.

If you are an employer and would like to pay the outstanding judgment and have your company's name removed from the registry, send a certified cheque payable to the Director of Employment Standards to:

Employment Standards Collections
2nd Floor 9925 – 109 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta  T5K 2J8

How the law applies

Section 63.4 of the Employment Standards Regulation outlines the publication of unpaid judgments.

Disclaimer: In the event of any discrepancy between this information and Alberta Employment Standards legislation, the legislation is considered correct.

Was this page helpful?

All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on