Table of contents

Basic rules

  • All unsatisfied judgments from Employment Standards are made public.
  • If any enforcement action requiring payment has been issued as a result of a complaint and the employer fails to comply, the action is filed with the Court.
  • Once filed with the Court, the action is enforceable as a Court judgment.
  • A judgment may be collected through means other than direct payment from an employer. See Judgment collection for more information.

Search for an employer

While every effort is made to keep the information on this list up-to-date and accurate, Employment Standards cannot guarantee that all information is accurate, complete or current at all times. No endorsement or representation of any employer is expressed or implied by any information, material or content included on this list.

How to be removed from the registry

An employer must comply with the judgment and pay it in full in order to be removed from the registry.

Payments can be made by certified cheque, credit card, or Visa debit. To make a payment and have your name removed from the registry, contact Employment Standards Collections at [email protected] or 780-427-3655.

How the law applies

Section 63.4 of the Employment Standards Regulation outlines the publication of unpaid judgments.

Disclaimer: In the event of any discrepancy between this information and Alberta Employment Standards legislation, the legislation is considered correct.