Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Our extensive transportation network and water management infrastructure, includes the following and more:
About the system
The Environmental Management System (EMS) is an organized and formal approach to managing environmental issues with the goal of making environmental considerations part of daily activities. It is designed to:
- integrate consideration of environmental impacts into decision-making processes
- extend environmental considerations into policies, procedures and practices
- prevent the occurrence of environmental incidents at the outset
- establish Alberta Transportation and Economic Corridors’ due diligence in the event that an incident does occur
- establish a means of monitoring Alberta Transportation and Economic Corridors' environmental performance
The EMS applies to Transportation staff, consultants and contractors under contract to build and maintain our transportation and water infrastructure facilities.
Connect with the Environmental Regulation section:
2nd Floor, Twin Atria building
4999 98 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2X3
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.