Our extensive transportation network and water management infrastructure, includes the following and more:
About the system
The Environmental Management System (EMS) is an organized and formal approach to managing environmental issues with the goal of making environmental considerations part of daily activities. It is designed to:
- integrate consideration of environmental impacts into decision-making processes
- extend environmental considerations into policies, procedures and practices
- prevent the occurrence of environmental incidents at the outset
- establish government’s due diligence if an incident does occur
- establish a means of monitoring our environmental performance
The EMS applies to staff, consultants and contractors under contract to build and maintain our transportation and water infrastructure facilities.
- EMS manual (version 19)
Connect with the Environmental Regulation section:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Email: [email protected]
2nd Floor, Twin Atria building
4999 98 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2X3
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.