Alberta Transportation is responsible for Alberta’s extensive transportation network and water management infrastructure, including, but not limited to:
Alberta Transportation’s Environmental Management System (EMS) is an organized and formal approach to managing environmental issues with the goal of making environmental considerations part of daily activities. It is designed to:
- integrate consideration of environmental impacts into decision-making processes
- extend environmental considerations into policies, procedures and practices
- prevent the occurrence of environmental incidents at the outset
- establish Alberta Transportation’s due diligence in the event that an incident does occur
- establish a means of monitoring Alberta Transportation’s environmental performance
About the system
The EMS applies to Alberta Transportation staff and consultants and contractors under contract to Alberta Transportation to build and maintain the province’s transportation and water infrastructure facilities.
Connect with the Environmental Regulation section:
2nd Floor, Twin Atria building
4999 98 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 2X3
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.