Employment Standards Self-Assessment Tool
Use this online questionnaire to see if your business practices comply with Alberta’s Employment Standards laws.
How it works
This tool uses existing employment standards legislation. Find out how the Employment Standards Code will change on January 1, 2018.
To use the self-assessment tool:
- click on one of the 4 topics below
- answer each question, then click the ‘Next’ button
- on the last page you’ll see results based on your answers
- print your results to help plan next steps
- click ‘Start again’ to explore different scenarios
- your answers are confidential and anonymous
Self-Assessment Tool: VacationsFind out if your business complies with Alberta's basic employment laws for vacation time and vacation pay.
Self-Assessment Tool: General holidaysFind out if your business complies with Alberta's basic employment laws for general holidays and general holiday pay.
Self-Assessment Tool: Termination of employment and temporary layoffFind out if your business complies with basic laws for giving notice, calculating termination pay, and deadlines for payments.
Self-Assessment Tool: Payment of earningsFind out if your business complies with Alberta's basic employment laws for pay periods, pay statements, and deductions from employee pay.