Table of contents


Options are available if you think your employer is not following employment standards rules. Talking to an employer is always the first step in trying to resolve an employment standards issue in the workplace. If the issue cannot be resolved directly with your employer, you may need to take action by making a complaint or submitting a tip. In the event you disagree with a decision made on your file, you have the option of appealing that decision.


An employee can file a complaint if an employer is not meeting the minimum employment standards.

Anyone can submit an anonymous tip about an employer who’s not following the rules.

Most Employment Standards decisions can be appealed by those subject to the decision.