Table of contents

Employment standards

Permits and exemptions

Adolescent employment permit – Employers may apply online for a permit to employ a person 14 years of age and under for certain types of work.

Apply for an employment standards variance – Employers may apply online for a variance or exemption to certain mandatory obligations under the Employment Standards Code.

Appeal a decision

Employment Standards – Appeal a decision – Employers and employees subject to Employment Standards decisions can file an appeal about those decisions online or by mail, email or fax.

Ask a question

Connect online with an Employment Standards expert – Ask a question about Employment Standards or sign up for Employment Standards updates.

Occupational Health and Safety

Report an incident

Report potentially serious incidents – Employers and prime contractors must report potentially serious incidents (PSIs) that occur on their worksite.

Report mine or mine site incidents – Employers or prime contractors must report certain incidents that occur at a mine or mine site.

Compliance and enforcement

Apply for an OHS acceptance or approval – Authorized worksite representatives can apply online for acceptances and approvals (specific permissions) from OHS directors.

File an OHS complaint – Anyone can report unsafe conditions at a workplace. File a confidential health and safety complaint online or by calling the OHS Contact Centre.

Submit an asbestos project notification – Employers must notify OHS at least 72 hours before beginning work that may release asbestos.

Ask a question

Connect online with an OHS expert – Get answers to your workplace health and safety questions.

Was this page helpful?

All fields are required unless otherwise indicated.

Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on