Dual credit course code application deadlines for 2020/21:
Summer school and semester 1 courses: May 1, 2020
Semester 2 courses: November 1, 2020
New course codes are required when school authorities design new dual credit programming for high school students. If the learning opportunities are being offered through a partnership, it is up to the lead school authority to apply for the codes.
Provincial dual credit pathways have existing course codes. School authorities do not need to apply to use them.
Find out more about dual credit planning and programming.
How to apply
Step 1. Review the guiding documents
Make sure the new dual credit course aligns with the description, guiding principles and criteria in the:
- Alberta Dual Credit Framework
- Dual Credit Implementation Guide: Supporting the Alberta Dual Credit Framework
Step 2. Meet the requirements
The new dual credit course:
- does not replace a diploma equivalent course or a Career and Technology Studies (CTS) program, either in English or French
- aligns with student interests and needs
- is connected to a local or provincial labour market need
- has received school authority approval
- will not begin before the authorized start-date
Step 3. Complete the application
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Use one Dual Credit Course Code Application (PDF, 97 KB) for:
- multiple course codes within the same dual credit programming area
- partnerships with other school authorities, with the lead authority submitting the application package
Step 4. Submit the application package
Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org by:
- May 1, 2020 – Summer school and semester 1 courses
- November 1, 2020 – Semester 2 courses
After you apply
The application review process takes 4 to 6 weeks from the submission date. If new course codes are authorized, they will be emailed to the lead school authority and all partners.
Connect with the Alberta Education Dual Credit program:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)