Dispute Resolution Officer Program
This program is for parties in Calgary who want to resolve a child support dispute before going to court.
The Dispute Resolution Officer (DRO) Program is mandatory for all applications for child support in the Calgary Court of Queen’s Bench. If both parties agree, DRO meetings are also available on a voluntary basis for applications for child support made in the Provincial Court.
You’ll meet with an officer for a one hour appointment. The officer is a family lawyer who will calculate child support amounts and help you to resolve your child support dispute.
If you and the other party reach an agreement, a Consent Order can be typed up for you to sign and then be reviewed by a judge, without you having to go to court.
How to book an appointment
If you're concerned for your safety, please inform staff at the time of booking.
Step 1. Gather your documents
If you haven’t already included these in your court documents, bring your:
- complete tax returns from the past 3 years
- Notice of Assessment tax status forms from the past 3 years
- last 3 pay stubs or other proof of income for this tax year
- if you are self-employed or a business owner, bring the last 3 financial statements of that business
- a copy of the most recent child support order
- a list of what you spend on special expenses, including receipts if possible
- any other important documents that might affect the amount of child support
Make sure the other party knows about the meeting and that they have to provide financial documents.
If you have a lawyer, you may ask them to attend with you.
Step 2. Schedule an appointment
You can schedule a DRO appointment by contacting the Calgary Courts Centre.
Appointments are available in the morning or afternoon, and you can see what times are available by checking the DRO schedule (PDF, 0.1 MB).
On your appointment day, arrive 10 to 15 minutes early.
For more information or to book an appointment, contact the Calgary Courts Centre.
8:15 am – 4:00 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Calgary Courts Centre
Suite 706-S, 601 5th St SW
Calgary T2P 5P7