Dangerous Goods Inspectors are based throughout Alberta and are responsible for the delivery of the Dangerous Goods program throughout each geographical region, ensuring the safe and uniform approach to the handling, offering and transporting of dangerous goods within Alberta.
See the Dangerous Goods Regions map (PDF, 5.3 MB).
Inspector's roles include:
- conducting facility inspections on consignor and carrier companies that handle, offer for transport or transport dangerous goods
- providing technical support to emergency response teams at dangerous good incidents
- providing technical support to Albertans involved in the offering, handling or transporting of dangerous goods
- monitoring registered highway tank facilities ensuring their compliance to conduct functions in accordance with their Transport Canada Certificates of Registration and to the dangerous goods legislation
- providing advice to industry for dangerous goods compliance on an ongoing basis
- liaising with Transport Canada Dangerous Goods Inspectors
For more information, contact the Dangerous Goods Inspector in your area.
Subscribe to Dangerous Goods' safety bulletins and notices
Dangerous Goods' Safety Bulletins and Notices will be sent to this address. Your email address will not be made public or shared with others or used for any other purpose other than Dangerous Goods' email notification.