Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Build a vibrant cultural sector by supporting the development and sustainability of Alberta's:
- creative and cultural industries
- artists and arts community
- recreation and sport
- non-profit / voluntary sector
Increase gender equality by working with ministries to make sure gender and other identity factors are reflected in Alberta government:
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Personal information bank directories
- Previous grants recipient database
Start a campaign or donate to a cause you care about, and we’ll match up to $15,000 per campaign run by a non-profit organization in Alberta.
Supports to help grow your career, access health services, respond to gender-based violence and participate in your community.
French services directory
Albertans can access these government services and resources in French.
Commitment to end sexual violence
Alberta has made a government-wide commitment to prevent sexual violence and improve support for survivors.
Getting moving towards a more active Alberta
Our vision of a more active Alberta is a province where all Albertans enjoy a high quality of life, improved health and wellness and vibrant communities.
- Dec 09, 2022
Alberta’s government is partnering with Women and Gender Equality Canada to provide crisis support to Albertans who are experiencing gender-based violence.
- Nov 25, 2022Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women: Joint statement | Déclaration conjointe sur la Journée pour l’élimination de la violence à l’égard des femmes
Minister of Indigenous Relations Rick Wilson and parliamentary secretary for Status of Women Tanya Fir issued the following statement on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and the start of 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence:
- Nov 20, 2022Transgender Day of Remembrance: Minister Luan | Déclaration du ministre Jason Luan sur la Journée du Souvenir trans
Minister of Culture Jason Luan issued the following statement on Transgender Day of Remembrance: