Alberta Film Tax Credit Program
For screen-based productions where the total production spend is $500,000 or greater, the Film and Television Tax Credit (FTTC), is available to support medium and large-scale productions filming in Alberta.
Learn more about the Film and Television Tax Credit.
The Alberta Media Fund (AMF) offers a variety of grants to help support the growth, sustainability, competitiveness and business attraction of our province’s cultural industries.
Organizations involved in the creation and development of screen-based productions, digital media, script writing, book publishing, magazine publishing and sound recording can apply for funding.
The Alberta Media Fund provides grants through 2 main streams:
- Alberta Made Production Grant
- Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant
- Project/Script Development Grant
- Book Publishers Operating Grant
- Magazine Publishers Operating Grant
- Music Organization Operating Grant
- Organizations Project Grant
- Support Organizations Operating Grant
Application deadlines vary per grant. Refer to the grant guidelines relevant to your organization for more information.
This funding allows organizations to:
- promote economic diversification and investment
- develop industry professionals and create jobs
- grow national and international interest
- support the creation of Alberta content
- attract work from inside and outside Alberta
Connect with the Alberta Media Fund:
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.