Alberta's environmental legislation sets out clear rules and obligations for the protection, enhancement and wise use of the environment. The Alberta government works with Albertans to ensure the quality of our environment is maintained, using an effective and efficient regulatory framework.
The Compliance Assurance Program has 3 areas of focus to ensure all Albertans continue to enjoy a clean and healthy environment:
For more information, see the Compliance Assurance Management Framework.
- 24 Hour Environmental Response Line (PDF, 148 KB)
- Climate Change and Emissions Management Act
- Compliance Assurance Activities and Enforcement Actions
- Compulsory Industry Monitoring
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Forests Act
- Prohibited Debris: Before you Burn... Learn!
- Public Lands Act
- Reporting Spills and Releases
- Storing and Disposing of Hazardous Waste and Recyclables
- Water Act
Compliance Assurance Annual Reports
To view the listing of Compliance Assurance Annual Reports, see Compliance Assurance Annual Reports.
Enforcement Actions Quarterly Reports
Listings of Enforcement Actions Quarterly Reports, can be viewed on the Open Government Portal.
To view listings for the quarters of October 1, 2014 to present, see Enforcement Actions Quarterly Reports.
To view listings between the 2002 Fourth Quarter and 2014 Third Quarter, see Enforcement of the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act and Water Act Quarterly Reports.
Creative Sentencing Report
Public Land Compliance Reports
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.