COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) encourages balanced and responsible use of Alberta's natural resources through the application of leading practices in management, science, and stewardship.
Take Charge of Your Career!
Career Launch Internship Program
Are you a recent graduate? Put your education to work with hands-on experience in your field of study. Internships are entry level professional positions that provide recent graduates with:
- Challenging opportunities to enhance knowledge, training and experience,
- Professional development and networking opportunities,
- Valuable experience that supports future Government of Alberta career opportunities, and
- Support from a supervisor and mentor in guiding professional development.
The minimum placement length is 12 months. Although permanent employment can not be guaranteed when the internship placement is complete, interns gain valuable experience for potential future career opportunities with the department.
For current internship postings, please see:
To locate positions specific to AEP, click 'Advanced Search' and choose 'Internships' as the job family criteria.
Updated: Jul 12, 2018
Career Launch Co-op Student Program
Are you in your 3rd or 4th year of studies? Co-ops are temporary paid job assignments that provide students with opportunities to:
- Apply and develop knowledge in a real work setting while gaining hands-on experience credited towards your degree,
- Learn about personal career interests and develop skills in a real work environment,
- Learn about Government of Alberta career opportunities, and
- Gain support from a supervisor and mentor in guiding professional development.
The length of the program is 8 months, which is integrated with the degree program. Upon completion of the co-op placement, students will return to their studies with valuable experience for potential future career opportunities with the department.
For current co-op opportunities, please contact the co-op placement office at your college or university, or visit:
To locate positions specific to AEP, click 'Advanced Search' and enter 'Sustainable Resource Development' as the search criteria.
Jul 12, 2018
Student Summer Employment
Summer employment with the Government of Alberta provides students with the opportunity to learn about our organization, develop workplace skills, and gain career related experience.
Summer students are typically hired during the months of May through August for employment opportunities that may last up to 4 months and may work in areas such as: administrative support, research, policy, finance, forestry, information technology, accounting, economics, law, human services, human resources, communication, environmental science, conservation, tourism, probation, corrections, groundskeeping, maintenance, etc.
Applying for Summer Opportunities
Ministries are responsible for recruiting to their summer student employment needs. Ministries may:
- Access a centralized student summer resume database
- Advertise specific summer employment opportunities in the Seasonal category of the Government of Alberta Jobs website
- Post summer opportunities at educational institutions
Students interested in summer employment with us are encouraged to:
Apply directly to each advertised summer opportunity that they are interested in and qualified for.
In addition, students may contact the Government of Alberta ministry that they are interested in working for to find out about potential summer employment opportunities:
Updated: December 1, 2020
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.