COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
The Bow River Phosphorus Management Plan (PMP) is a strategic plan. It addresses phosphorus sources in the middle reach of the Bow River between the Bearspaw and Bassano Dams.
The plan was developed by participants from:
- government and non-government
- urban and rural sectors
- subject matter experts
Task teams were established to:
- define the issue
- establish goals and objectives
- recommend strategies and actions to manage phosphorus in the Bow River
The PMP was released in April 2014 and officially endorsed by all participating agencies in February 2015. The implementation phase is underway with the establishment of the PMP Implementation Committee in June 2014.
Integral components of the implementation strategy include:
- ongoing education and outreach
- ongoing refinement of performance measures
- development of an updated activity inventory
- development of a strategic road map
- Bow River Phosphorus Management Plan
- Bow River Phosphorus Management Plan: Five Year Update
- Bow River Phosphorus Management Plan: Implementation Committee Terms of Reference
- Bow River Phosphorus Management Plan Overview
- Bow River Phosphorus Management Plan: What it is and how it works
PMP information series
- Irrigation Best Practices
- Livestock Production
- Stepping Back from the Water
- Stormwater Regulations
- Water Quality
- Wetlands and Water Quality
Subscribe to PMP mailing list
This automatic email system distributes information on updates to the Bow River Phosphorus Management Plan to subscribers. Subscription to this list is open to all department staff, industry, NGOs and consultants, as well as interested members of the general public.
Use the form below to subscribe or unsubscribe from the PMP mailing list.
The personal information collected through the Bow River Phosphorus Management Plan form may be used for the purpose of providing you with a subscription to receive program updates through the Bow River Phosphorus Management Plan Stakeholder Advisory Group distribution list.
This personal information collection is authorized under Section 8 (1)(2) of the Government Organization Act and Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.