Applications for an agent to design and deliver this program are now closed.
Carbon Connect International was the successful applicant. More information about the program including how to apply can be found on the Carbon Connect International website.
The Baseline and Reduction Opportunity (BRO) Assessment Program will enable Alberta’s small and medium sized conventional oil and gas operators to:
- obtain detailed inventories of their methane emitting devices and equipment
- identify and quantify methane emissions sources on-site
- identify actions needed to comply with the provincial regulatory requirements and cost-effective opportunities to go beyond provincial requirements
- provide data to assess potential projects and to apply for provincial or federal funding programs and/or offset credit systems
The $10-million program, funded through the Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction Fund, supports provincial efforts to meet Alberta’s 2025 methane reduction target and demonstrate global leadership in low-emissions conventional oil and natural gas production.
Eligible applicants include operators/facilities within Alberta’s conventional oil and gas sector that meet the following criteria:
- Operators must produce fewer than 60,000 barrels oil equivalent per day (boepd), according to data reported in Petrinex for 2019.
- Facilities must be subject to Section 8 requirements set out under Alberta Energy Regulatory (AER) Directive 60.
The Alberta Government is currently seeking a delivery agent for the Baseline and Reduction Opportunity (BRO) Assessment Program through a competitive grant process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a completed grant application prior to 5:00 pm MDT on October 12, 2020.
Launch of the BRO Assessment Program will follow the selection of a delivery agent. Program launch is anticipated for late fall 2020.
How to Apply to be a delivery agent for the BRO Assessment Program
Step 1. Download, review and complete the application form
- Baseline and Reduction Opportunity Assessment Program Delivery Agent Grant Application (PDF, 365 KB)
Applications are open from September 25, 2020 until October 12, 2020 at 5:00 pm MDT.
Step 2. Submit the application form
Email the completed form to: [email protected].
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Connect with the Baseline Reduction Opportunity (BRO) Assessment Program:
Email: [email protected]