Each day, Alberta’s diverse and talented skilled trades professionals and educators get to work building our province and supporting our communities.
If you know someone who has made significant contributions to the skilled trades or apprenticeship education, nominate them for the Alberta Trades Hall of Fame.
Nominations will be assessed according to the following criteria and characteristics.
- must show significant involvement in the education, training and/or advancement of skilled trades and apprenticeship in Alberta
- must have made defining contribution to the skilled trades and apprenticeship in Alberta
- must demonstrate exemplary personal characteristics
Recipients may demonstrate a significant commitment to:
- the promotion and improvement of the skilled trades and apprenticeship in their community and Alberta
- mentorship and leadership in supporting apprentices through their apprenticeship to certification
- raising the profile of apprenticeship education and the skilled trades
- apprenticeship education from within the Alberta post-secondary system by providing apprenticeship classroom education
- enhancing perceptions of apprenticeship learning as a valuable form of post-secondary education leading to a respected career option
- championing and/or improving access to apprenticeship for youth, women, Indigenous peoples or any other underrepresented groups in Alberta
Make a nomination
Nominations are accepted throughout the year. However, nomination packages must be received by March 31 to be considered for induction in each calendar year.
Step 1: Download and complete the nomination form
- Download and complete the nomination form (PDF, 653 KB)
- See tips for writing a good nomination (PDF, 435 KB)
Step 2: Prepare supporting documents
- All nominations much include at least one letter of support from someone other than the nominator
- Additional materials, such as media information related to the nominee’s contribution, will be accepted
Step 3: Submit the nomination package
Submit the completed form and supporting documents by:
- Email to: [email protected]
- Mail to:
Recognition and Retention Support Coordinator
10th Floor, Commerce Place
10155 102 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 4L5
After you nominate
- Nominations will be assessed by a selection committee based on the eligibility criteria.
- 3 to 5 nominees will be selected for induction.
- The Minister of Advanced Education will have final approval of the chosen inductees.
- All nomination documents and discussions will be confidential.
- Inductees will be notified by the Minister of Alberta Advanced Education and invited to a special ceremony to recognize their contributions to the trades in Alberta.
- Each inductee will have a profile and video outlining their achievements created and published on the virtual Alberta Trades Hall of Fame.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.