- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Vaccines open now: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions.
Alberta supports multisport games for athletes to compete in and showcase their talents. This support enables communities to host in order to highlight their communities and gain economic benefit. Some Alberta athletes compete as part of Team Alberta in national and regional multisport programs. Such competitions include the following.
- Alberta Games – These games include Alberta Summer Games and Alberta Winter Games. These games involve athletes age 11 to 17 who represent 8 Zones across the province.
- The Canada Summer / Canada Winter Games are the highest national sports competition for young athletes.
- Arctic Winter Games – Athletes represent Team Alberta North in this international competition and who live north of the 55th parallel. They compete in a variety of winter and arctic sports.