The historic Alberta Legislature Grounds are maintained and preserved for Albertans and other visitors. Organizations registered as charitable or non-profit in the province of Alberta can apply to use the grounds for non-commercial events. This includes, but is not limited to, all special events, functions or activities that would take place on any part of or travel through the grounds.
The following organizations are eligible to book the Alberta Legislature grounds:
- not-for-profit organizations
- registered Alberta charities
- Government of Alberta ministries and organizations
Events are booked in the following priority:
- Government of Alberta or Legislative Assembly Office business/events
- Historical, annual, or recurring event with same date(s), timeframe and location as previous year
- Historical, annual, or recurring events with new date and location request
- New event requests
How to apply
Step 1. Read the guidelines
Applicants must make sure their events follow the Guidelines for use of the Alberta Legislature Grounds (PDF, 364 KB). Please contact us if you have any questions.
Step 2. Complete the application
- Open the Alberta Legislature Grounds Event Application Form (PDF, 721 KB), fill it out, and save it to your computer, OR
- Print out the Application Form, fill it out by hand, then scan it.
Make sure to complete the form – incomplete applications will be returned.
Applications must be received at least 8 weeks before the proposed event, to give us time to review and process them.
Step 3. Send in application
Email your completed application to: Infras.email@example.com
Step 4. After you apply
Once we receive your application, you will be contacted to set up a meeting.
Your event organizer will meet with Legislature Grounds booking staff to review the application details, and hear their approval decision.
Approved event bookings are not transferrable to other organizations.
For inquiries about Legislature Grounds bookings: