Alberta EDGE provides:
- compliance information related to the federal and provincial dangerous goods legislation
- federal and international requirements for the shipment of dangerous goods by air, road, rail or marine modes of transportation
- interpretive information for the on-highway enforcement process as well as awareness material for inspectors, industry and the general public
- manages all TDG emergency calls and assesses the severity of dangerous goods incidents
- provides assistance to emergency response personnel attending the scene of an incident in which dangerous goods are involved, or may become a matter for concern
- communicates openly with other regulatory agencies, such as Alberta Environment and Parks and Alberta Energy Regulator (AER), in the event of an emergency or safety-related incident
For more information, see Transport Canada’s comprehensive list of questions and answers about the transportation of dangerous goods: Safety Awareness Materials and FAQ.
Subscribe to bulletins and notices
Subscribe to Alberta EDGE's future safety bulletins and notices using the form below.
The information collected through the Alberta EDGE page will be used for the purpose of providing you updates on bulletins and notices.
The personal information collection is authorized under section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
In order to improve our service, participate in our short survey (PDF 157 KB).
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.