Alberta EDGE (Environmental and Dangerous Goods Emergencies) operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to provide information to the general public and industries on dangerous goods compliance.
Alberta EDGE is also an emergency response centre for all Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) incidents.
Alberta EDGE provides:
- compliance information related to the federal and provincial dangerous goods legislation
- federal and international requirements for the shipment of dangerous goods by air, road, rail or marine modes of transportation
- interpretive information for the on-highway enforcement process as well as awareness material for inspectors, industry and the general public
- manages all TDG emergency calls and assesses the severity of dangerous goods incidents
- provides assistance to emergency response personnel attending the scene of an incident in which dangerous goods are involved, or may become a matter for concern
- communicates openly with other regulatory agencies, such as Alberta Environment and Parks and Alberta Energy Regulator (AER), in the event of an emergency or safety-related incident
For more information, see Transport Canada’s comprehensive list of questions and answers about the transportation of dangerous goods: Safety Awareness Materials and FAQ.
Subscribe to bulletins and notices
Subscribe to Alberta EDGE's future safety bulletins and notices using the form below.
Alberta EDGE's future Safety Bulletins and Notices will be sent to this address. Your email address will not be made public or shared with others or used for any other purpose other than Alberta EDGE's email notification.
In order to improve our service, participate in our short survey (PDF 157 KB).