Alberta Environmental and Dangerous Goods Emergencies (EDGE) operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to provide information to the general public and industries on dangerous goods compliance. Alberta EDGE is also an emergency response centre for all Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) incidents.
- Provide compliance information related to the Federal and Provincial dangerous goods legislation.
- Provide Federal and international requirements for the shipment of dangerous goods by air, road, rail or marine modes of transportation.
- Provide interpretive information for the on-highway enforcement process as well as awareness material for inspectors, industry and the general public.
- Manage all TDG emergency calls and assess the severity of dangerous goods incidents.
- Provide assistance to emergency response personnel attending the scene of an incident in which dangerous goods are involved, or may become a matter for concern.
- Communicate openly with other regulatory agencies, such as Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) and Alberta Energy Regulator (AER), in the event of an emergency or safety-related incident.
For more information, please contact Alberta EDGE at:
1-800-272-9600 (Toll Free) or 780-422-9600 (Edmonton area)
Questionnaire: In order to improve our service, please participate in our short survey (PDF 148 KB).
For more information, see Transport Canada’s comprehensive list of questions and answers about the transportation of dangerous goods.
Subscribe to Alberta EDGE's future safety bulletins and notices
Alberta EDGE's future Safety Bulletins and Notices will be sent to this address. Your e-mail address will not be made public or shared with others or used for any other purpose other than Alberta EDGE's e-mail notification.