In 2019 Alberta exported agriculture and food products valued at over C$11.6 billion.
- Information about Alberta’s agriculture and food sector
- Alberta supplier capabilities
- Buyer-seller connections
- Incoming mission support
- In 2019 Alberta exported agriculture and food products valued at over C$11.6 billion.
- Alberta's cattle and calves sector is the largest in Canada.
- Most of Canada’s beef is processed in Alberta.
- Our province is the largest producer of honey and hemp in Canada.
- Whiskey (C$68.9 million) is the largest export product in Alberta’s C$1 billion (2019) beverages sector; the province is known for its premium rye whiskey.
- With higher solid levels than potatoes from other growing regions, Alberta potatoes are well-suited for french fries.
- Alberta has excess supply of grain products and accounts for a large proportion of total Canadian grain exports.
Alberta Agriculture and Food Products and Services: Export Catalogue
Designed for importers, distributors and buyers located outside of Canada, this catalogue features agriculture products and services that Alberta exports internationally.
The following brochures are available in several languages:
- Introducing Alberta’s Agriculture and Agri-Food Sector
- Alberta's livestock and genetics industry
- Alberta Beef
- Alberta Barley
- Alberta Canola
- Alberta Honey
- Alberta Pork
- Alberta Pulses
- Alberta Wheat
Connect with the International Market Development Section: