COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
In 2020, Alberta exported agriculture and food products valued at $12.4 billion.
The Alberta government provides the following services to Alberta companies:
- information about Alberta’s agriculture and food sector
- Alberta supplier capabilities
- buyer-seller connections
- incoming mission support
- In 2019 Alberta exported agriculture and food products valued at over $11.6 billion.
- Alberta's cattle and calves sector is the largest in Canada.
- Most of Canada’s beef is processed in Alberta.
- Our province is the largest producer of honey and hemp in Canada.
- Whiskey ($68.9 million) is the largest export product in Alberta’s $1 billion (2019) beverages sector; the province is known for its premium rye whiskey.
- With higher solid levels than potatoes from other growing regions, Alberta potatoes are well-suited for french fries.
- Alberta has excess supply of grain products and accounts for a large proportion of total Canadian grain exports.
Alberta Agriculture and Food Products and Services: Export Catalogue
Designed for importers, distributors and buyers located outside of Canada, this catalogue features agriculture products and services that Alberta exports internationally.
Exporters can apply for a listing in the catalogue throughout the year.
The following brochures are available in several languages:
- Introducing Alberta’s Agriculture and Agri-Food Sector
- Alberta's livestock and genetics industry
- Alberta Beef
- Alberta Barley
- Alberta Canola
- Alberta Honey
- Alberta Pork
- Alberta Pulses
- Alberta Wheat
Connect with trade development officers:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.