In 2018 Alberta exported agriculture and food products valued at over C$11.6 billion.
- Information about Alberta’s agriculture and food sector
- Alberta supplier capabilities
- Buyer-seller connections
- Incoming mission support
- In 2018 Alberta exported agriculture and food products valued at over C$11.6 billion.
- Alberta's cattle and calves sector is the largest in Canada.
- Most of Canada’s beef is processed in Alberta.
- Our province is the largest producer of honey and hemp in Canada.
- Whiskey is the largest export product in Alberta’s C$1.1 billion (2018) beverages sector; the province is known for its premium rye whiskey.
- With higher solid levels than potatoes from other growing regions, Alberta potatoes are well-suited for french fries.
- Alberta has excess supply of grain products and accounts for a large proportion of total Canadian grain exports.
Alberta Agriculture and Food Products and Services: Export Catalogue
Designed for importers, distributors and buyers located outside of Canada, this catalogue features agriculture products and services that Alberta exports internationally.
Introducing Alberta’s Agriculture and Agri-Food Sector – other languages to follow
Alberta's livestock and genetics industry – other languages to follow
Alberta Beef – also available in Chinese, Japanese and Korean
Alberta Barley – also available in Chinese
Alberta Canola – also available in Chinese and Spanish
Alberta Honey – also available in Chinese and Japanese
Alberta Pork – also available in Chinese, Japanese and Korean
More titles to follow.
Connect with the International Market Development Branch: