In 2021, Alberta exports of agricultural and food products were valued at a record $14.1 billion, up 8.5% from 2020.
The Alberta government provides the following services to Alberta companies:
- information about Alberta’s agriculture and food sector
- Alberta supplier capabilities
- buyer-seller connections
- incoming mission support
- In 2021, Alberta exports of agricultural and food products were valued at a record $14.1 billion, up 8.5% from 2020.
- Alberta's cattle and calves sector is the largest in Canada.
- Most of Canada’s beef is processed in Alberta.
- Our province is the largest producer of honey and hemp in Canada.
- Alberta beverage exports totaled $83.6 million in 2021. Whiskey is the largest export in this sector at $72.1 million; the province is known for its premium rye whiskey.
- With higher solid levels than potatoes from other growing regions, Alberta potatoes are well-suited for french fries.
- Alberta has excess supply of grain products and accounts for a large proportion of total Canadian grain exports.
The online Alberta Agri-Food Products and Services Export Catalogue features products and services that Alberta exports internationally. The Export Catalogue is designed specifically for importers, distributors and buyers located outside of Canada.
The following brochures are available in several languages:
- Introducing Alberta’s Agriculture and Agri-Food Sector
- Alberta's livestock and genetics industry
- Alberta Beef
- Alberta Barley
- Alberta Canola
- Alberta Honey
- Alberta Pork
- Alberta Pulses
- Alberta Wheat
Connect with trade development officers:
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.