Age-friendly Alberta Recognition Award
Get recognized for taking steps to make your community more age-friendly.
The Age-friendly Alberta Recognition Award acknowledges communities who have taken steps to become more age-friendly. Recipients will receive:
- an award of $1,000 to support the development of a sign or plaque for display in your community or a celebration of your community’s success
- national and international recognition for your community’s commitment to becoming an age-friendly community
- written acknowledgement of your community's accomplishment
“Age-friendly” is the idea of making structures and services more accessible and inclusive for seniors with varying needs and capacities.
Age-friendly practices help strengthen communities, improve businesses and make life better for all Albertans.
All Alberta communities are encouraged to take steps towards becoming more age-friendly and to apply for recognition for your initiative.
How to apply
Step 1: Establish an age-friendly initiative for your community
Read about and follow the 4 steps for creating an age-friendly initiative.
Step 2: Complete the application package
Fill out the Age-Friendly Alberta Recognition application form (PDF, 43 KB)
Attach or provide links to these required supporting materials:
- committee terms of reference
- Council/Board resolution
- needs assessment
- action plan
Step 3: Submit the completed application
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Mail or email the nomination package to:
Alberta Seniors and Housing
Age-Friendly Alberta Recognition Program
PO Box 1360, Station Main
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2N3
After you apply
Alberta Seniors and Housing will contact you following a review of your application.
- Strathcona County
- City of Edmonton and the Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council
- City of Calgary
- Villages of Glenwood, Hill Spring and Cardston County
To connect with Alberta Seniors and Housing, strategies and program support: