The Academic Medicine and Health Services Program (AMHSP) ensures physicians affiliated with Alberta’s faculties of medicine are compensated for providing patient care along with their work related to research, innovation, education, administration and leadership.
The AMHSP has enabled innovation across academic medicine and brought some of the best and brightest people in academic medicine to Alberta.
For the last 20 years, the Academic Medicine Program in Alberta has grown and changed to:
- attract and retain medical specialists
- support innovative clinical practice
- enhance the quality of Alberta’s medical education and research
- increase stability and predictability of funding while focusing on accountability and quality
The AMHSP’s objectives are to:
- align the delivery of academic medicine throughout Alberta
- provide clear goals on achieving clinical and academic outcomes
- endorse strong accountability measures
- create consistency among academic arrangements and between the University of Alberta and University of Calgary
- require stakeholders to demonstrate value for money
Alberta Health Services, the University of Alberta, the University of Calgary, and other stakeholders work together to improve this platform for academic medicine.
As of July 1, 2017, former Academic Alternative Relationship Plans are covered under 2 AMHSP master agreements.
Connect with the Alternative Compensation Delivery Unit:
Alternative Compensation Delivery Unit
Provider Compensation and Strategic Partnerships Branch
PO Box 1360, Station Main
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2N3
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.