This section is a source of soil information land resources that can be used as a reference by farmers, ranchers, aerologists, planners, researchers, consultants, educators, realtors and waste water treatment managers. The data is an aid to processes such as environmental farm planning, utility surveys and environmental impact assessments.
Download the Agricultural Regions of Alberta Soil Information Database and search soil landscape and land system inventories.
Use this online, map-based decision-support tool to access selected soil data in Alberta’s agricultural region.
Other soil resources
- Agricultural Land Resource Atlas of Alberta
- AGRASID Version 1.0 (archived)
- Alberta Soil Names File (Generation 4)
- Land Suitability Rating System (LSRS)
- Land System Database User’s Manual
- Salinity maps of selected counties
- Soil Group Map of Alberta
- Soil survey reports by number
- Soil survey reports by map
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.