COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
Agriculture is an important part of Alberta’s identity and economy. There are legislation and regulations in place to protect our agricultural resources including the:
- Agricultural Pests Act
- Weed Control Act
- Pest and Nuisance Control Regulation
- Weed Control Regulation
This legislation allows anything that’s harming livestock, land or property like animals, insects, plants and diseases to be declared a pest or nuisance and for authorized persons to deal with whatever is harming the agriculture.
The Crop Protection Guide is a guide to help you select chemicals and application methods to protect your crops.
Weed control notices and identification forms
- Alberta Weed Inspector Identification Card (PDF, 18 KB)
- Inspector's Notice (PDF, 349KB)
- Local Authority's Notice (PDF, 362 KB)
Seed cleaning licensing forms
- Seed-Cleaning Facility Licensing Form (PDF, 19 KB)
- Licence to Operate a Seed-Cleaning Facility (PDF, 68 KB)
- Portable Seed-Cleaning Facility Licensing Form (PDF, 19 KB)
- Licence to Operate a Mobile Seed-Cleaning Facility (PDF, 68 KB)
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.