COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
Agriculture is an important part of Alberta’s identity and economy. There are legislation and regulations in place to protect our agricultural resources including the:
- Agricultural Pests Act
- Weed Control Act
- Pest and Nuisance Control Regulation
- Weed Control Regulation
This legislation allows anything that’s harming livestock, land or property like animals, insects, plants and diseases to be declared a pest or nuisance and for authorized persons to deal with whatever is harming the agriculture.
The Crop Protection Guide is a guide to help you select chemicals and application methods to protect your crops.
Download weed control notices and identification forms:
- Alberta Weed Inspector Identification Card (PDF, 18 KB)
- Weed Control Act: Inspector's Notice (PDF, 349 KB)
- Weed Control Act: Local Authority's Notice (PDF, 362 KB)
- Weed Control Act: Inspector and Local Authority Notices (PDF, 83 KB)
Seed cleaning licensing forms
- Seed-Cleaning Facility Licensing Form (PDF, 19 KB)
- Licence to Operate a Seed-Cleaning Facility (PDF, 68 KB)
- Portable Seed-Cleaning Facility Licensing Form (PDF, 19 KB)
- Licence to Operate a Mobile Seed-Cleaning Facility (PDF, 68 KB)
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.