Licensed in Alberta
This list includes the Insurance Classes, Attorney for Service (the person delegated to accept service of legal papers), and contact information for Complaint Liaison Officers or Ombudspersons.
- Insurers, Reciprocal Insurance Exchanges, and Fraternal Societies - Licensed in Alberta (PDF, 339 KB)
No longer licensed in Alberta
This list includes those that have withdrawn, amalgamated or changed names. Licences are issued on a calendar year basis (January 1 to December 31).
- Insurers, Reciprocal Insurance Exchanges, and Fraternal Societies - No Longer Licensed in Alberta (PDF, 323 KB)
Financial data for Alberta incorporated insurance companies
Disclaimer: Financial information for Alberta incorporated insurance companies on the Government of Alberta’s website is taken from regulatory returns filed by the institutions with the Superintendent of Insurance. The Superintendent of Insurance does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assume any legal responsibility for the accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information that is available through the Government of Alberta website.
The financial data is for the following companies, as provided to the Alberta Superintendent of Insurance by the insurer. The reports are annual for the years 2008 - 2013, and quarterly from 2014 to the current year, unless otherwise noted.
The last update was to add the 2018 third quarter reports (November 21, 2018).
- Alberta Motor Association Insurance Company
- Canadian Farm Insurance Corp.
- First Canadian Insurance Corporation
- Fortress Insurance Company
- Mennonite Mutual Insurance Co. (Alberta) Ltd.
- Millennium Insurance Corporation
- Orion Travel Insurance Company (from 2013 on)
- Peace Hills General Insurance Company
- The New Home Warranty Insurance (Canada) Corporation (from 2015 on)
- Trans Global Insurance Company
- Trans Global Life Insurance Company
The data includes the following items:
- Statement of Income
- Statement of Retained Earnings
- Comprehensive Income (Loss)
- Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income (Loss)
- Minimum Capital Test or Life Insurance Capital Adequacy Test (prior to 2018, Minimum Continuing Capital Surplus Ratio)
Sign up for updates
If you have trouble opening fillable PDF forms
See the form instructions.
To connect with the Office of the Alberta Superintendent of Insurance
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Alberta Superintendent of Insurance
Alberta Treasury Board and Finance
Financial Sector Regulation and Policy
402 Terrace Building
9515 107 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2C3