- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
The Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) program manual includes information on eligibility, cost-share exemption, quantity and frequency review requests and vendor, authorizer and specialty supplier roles and responsibilities.
The program manual also includes policies and procedures for each benefit area and approved product lists. The manual is broken into sections for easier reference.
The AADL program manual is broken down into categories. Approved product lists are also available.
- Bathing and toileting aids (small): Manual B and Bathing Small product list
- Bathing and toileting aids (large): Manual G and Bathing Large product list
- Breast prostheses: Manual D and Breast prostheses product list
- Burn garments: Manual J and Burn garments product list
- Compression garments
- Footwear benefits
- Hearing aids (amplification): Manual H and Hearing aid product list
- Mattress overlays, transfer aids and accessories: Manual E and Mattress Overlays and Transfer Aids product list
- Medical / surgical (ostomy, catheters, syringes, disposable incontinence): Manual M and Medical and Incontinence product lists
- Ocular prosthesis: Manual Y and Ocular product list
- Orthotic and prosthetics: Manual OP and Orthotic and Prosthetic product lists
- Pediatric equipment: Manual K and Pediatric product list
- Recyclable benefits
- Beds, lifters: Manual L and Beds and Lifters product lists
- Recycle services: Manual Z and Recycle services list
- Wheelchairs: Manuals WM: Manual Wheelchairs and WP: Power Wheelchairs and Wheelchairs product list
- Respiratory: BPAP Service Delivery Model (PDF, 161 KB) / Manual R and respiratory product list
- Seating and wheelchair accessories: Manual X and Seating product list
- AADL-Recognized Seating Teams Levels B & C (PDF, 167 KB)
- Soft supports: Manual S and Soft supports product list
- Voice restoration and electrolarynx: Manual A and Voice product list
- Speech Generating Communication Device: Manual AS and Speech product list
- Walking aids and accessories: Manual C and Walking aids and product list
AADL provides grant funding to support the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) Specialized Technical Equipment Program (STEP) which provides consumer products and assistive technology to Albertans who are blind, partially sighted and deafblind.