The Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) program manual includes information on eligibility, cost-share exemption, quantity and frequency review requests, authorizer and specialty supplier roles and responsibilities.
The program manual also includes policies and procedures for each benefit area and approved product lists. The manual is broken into sections for easier reference.
For general AADL program information, read: AADL Program Manual Section GN - General policy and procedures
The AADL program manual is divided into benefit-specific sections. Approved product lists are also available using the link for each section.
- Back and abdominal/inguinal hernia supports: Section S and back and abdominal hernia supports approved product list
- Bathing and toileting aids (small): Section B and small bathing and toileting aids approved product list
- Bathing and toileting aids (large): Section G and large bathing and toileting approved product list
- Breast prostheses: Section D and breast prostheses approved product list
- Burn garments: Section J and burn garments approved product list
- Communication benefits
- Speech generating communication devices: Section AS and speech generating communication devices approved product list
- Voice restoration and electrolarynx: Section A and voice restoration approved product list
- Compression garments
- Footwear benefits
- Hearing aids (amplification): Section H and hearing aid approved product list
- Mattress overlays, transfer aids and accessories: Section E and mattress overlays, transfer aids and accessories approved product list
- Medical-surgical (ostomy, catheters, syringes, incontinence): Section M and medical-surgical and incontinence approved product lists
- Ocular prosthesis: Section Y and ocular prosthesis approved product list
- Orthotic and prosthetics: Section OP and orthotic and prosthetic approved product lists
- Pediatric equipment: Section K and pediatric equipment approved product lists
- Recyclable benefits
- Beds, lifters: Section L and beds, lifters and accessories approved product lists
- New purchases and repair: Section ZN and repair services list
- Recycle services: Section ZR and repair services list
- Wheelchairs: Sections WM: Manual Wheelchairs and WP: Power Wheelchairs and wheelchair approved product list
- Respiratory: Section R and respiratory approved product list
- Seating and wheelchair accessories: Section X and seating approved product list
- Walking aids and accessories: Section C and walking aids approved product list
AADL provides grant funding to support the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) Specialized Technical Equipment Program (STEP) which provides consumer products and assistive technology to Albertans who are blind, partially sighted and deafblind.