Alberta Labour is developing a list of facilitators that employers and labour groups can hire to help deal with layoffs and business closures.
Facilitators could work with employers, unions and other relevant stakeholders to develop a plan of action to support transitions in the workplace.
The facilitator's role will be:
- to work with employers, unions and other parties
- provide advice on resources available to employers and employees
- coordinate the delivery of programs and services for affected workers and employers
Be a facilitator
We currently have an open call for applications until October 26, 2018. Applications must be completed in full.
Facilitators will establish partnerships, coordinate and chair teams to develop strategic plans to address workforce adjustment situations for transitioning workers.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- a minimum of 5 years labour relations/human resources experience
- a minimum of 5 years of professional facilitation and/or chairperson experience
- demonstrated experience in workforce adjustment situations
- significant project coordination experience
- exceptional communications experience
- knowledge of Government of Alberta, Government of Canada, post-secondary institutions, and any other relevant employment and training programs
Facilitators chosen for the list will have their resumes posted online for a period of one year. The list will be updated annually.
How to apply
If you are interested in being considered to be part of the list, please email WAFApplications@gov.ab.ca for more information and to receive your application.
Please submit your application by October 26, 2018
Successful applicants will be contacted to arrange an assessment conversation as part of the application process within three weeks of the closing date.
The roster is not a certification of competency or a credentialing process, nor does being placed on the roster guarantee work as a facilitator. It is a resource list for external parties who wish to access the services of a Workforce Adjustment Facilitator. The roster will identify facilitators who have relevant training and experience in dealing with workforce adjustments and layoffs. It should be noted that employers and unions are free to select any facilitator, including one who is not on the roster. Individuals who perform work as facilitators do so in their own personal and professional capacity and are not considered employees, contractors or agents of the Government of Alberta through the provision of these services. Any agreement entered into between the facilitator and the employer/union will be executed independently of the Government of Alberta.
For more information on the workforce adjustment service and labour adjustment facilitators, email WAFapplications@gov.ab.ca.