COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
We gathered input on the draft Wildlife Management and the Vision for Recreational Hunting in Alberta to help us modernize our approach to wildlife management and improve recreational hunting opportunities.
Your feedback will help us to:
- learn about current issues affecting recreational hunting
- understand the recreational hunting opportunities Albertans value and identify ways to improve these opportunities, while ensuring the sustainability of game species
- explore options for innovative tools and resources related to recreational hunting
- develop future opportunities to share information and engage with Albertans on recreational hunting
By engaging regularly with recreational hunters, outfitters, Indigenous communities and organizations, landowners, and industries, we can work collaboratively to improve recreational hunting regulations and policies so people can enjoy this activity for years to come.
Survey from August 23 to October 3, 2021
Results under review
Who is listening
Ministry of Environment and Parks
Albertans shared their feedback through an online survey from August 23 to October 3, 2021.
Thank you for your participation. We are currently reviewing feedback.
We hosted 2 education sessions in December to help provide information and answer questions that were raised during the survey. Watch the recorded sessions to learn more.
- Webinar 1: Shared Harvest - Alberta’s Approach to the Sustainable Allocation of Hunting Opportunities
- Webinar 2: The Science Behind your hunting license: Allocating recreational harvest opportunity
Feedback collected will help to develop future engagements and inform wildlife policy and management decisions.
If you have questions or concerns about this engagement, email [email protected]
Last updated: December 17, 2021