- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 55+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
Tuition and non-instructional fee increases at public post-secondary institutions in Alberta are subject to the following rules:
- Tuition remains frozen for 2019-20 and will not increase until the next academic year, beginning in September 2020
- An institution’s average tuition and apprenticeship fee increases cannot increase by more than 7% each year for the next three years
- An institution cannot increase tuition for any single program by more than 10% each year
- Students must be given the opportunity to provide input into tuition and fee increases
- International students have a guaranteed rate of tuition for the standard length of their programs
The Minister of Advanced Education also has the authority to regulate mandatory non-instructional fees, set apprenticeship fees and approve exceptional tuition increases.
More details can be found in the Alberta tuition framework.
If you have questions about the upcoming changes to post-secondary education in Alberta, please email [email protected].