Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
We monitor commercial truck and bus carrier’s compliance with transportation laws and requirements.
The Third Party Auditor Certification Program was created to meet the requirements for conducting commercial carrier safety fitness audits under the federal Motor Vehicle Transport Act and Alberta’s Traffic Safety Act.
Certified Auditors and Reviewers
Certified Third Party Auditors are certified to conduct:
- New Carrier Compliance Reviews
- Assessment of Compliance audits
- National Safety Code facility audits
- Verification audits
We maintain a list of National Safety Code Certified Auditors and Reviewers (PDF, 688 KB) offering services within the province, as well as a list of suggested fees (PDF, 192 KB).
We do not set auditing or travel fees. Carriers should discuss their needs and expectations with several Certified Third Party Auditors prior to choosing the one that best meets their needs.
Third Party Auditors undergo strict screening, followed by a robust educational process which provides them with the necessary skills to conduct the different types of audits.
Third Party Auditors must submit an application package in order to be considered for certification. Refer to our recruitment advertisement (PDF, 144 KB) for more detailed information.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- minimum 2 years of auditing experience or relevant experience in the commercial transportation industry
- valid Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) and access to a vehicle
- strong understanding of Alberta’s transportation regulatory environment
- ability to provide a recent, acceptable Police Information Check
- minimum education - High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Certificate of Incorporation or equivalent if not incorporated in Alberta
- appropriate commercial or business insurance
- experience handling confidential, sensitive or personal information
- fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- strong keyboarding skills and the ability to multi-task (typing while talking to clients)
- knowledge of Internet Explorer and Microsoft office products
We are currently not recruiting Third Party Auditors at this point in time, but all future recruitment will be advertised on this site.
Connect with Program Support and Implementation:
Room 401, 4920 51 Street
Red Deer, Alberta T4N 6K8
Connect with Carrier & Vehicle Safety and sign up for updates.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.