We have established the Supporting Alberta Working Parents Advisory Group to help inform long-term planning for child care that supports parents who are working or getting back to work.
Results under review
Who is listening
Ministry of Children's Services
To provide advice to government to help inform long-term planning to support parents who are working or getting back to work.
The advisory group will consider short and long-term initiatives to ensure parents, particularly women, can take part in Alberta’s economic recovery. The advisory group will also provide advice on how best to leverage federal funds to suit the unique needs of Alberta parents and child care operators.
The advisory group includes representatives from civil society, business, municipal government and parent advocacy groups.
- Heather Colberg, Town of Drumheller
- Liz Elliott, Families that Work
- Kristi Hines, Hines Health
- Elan MacDonald, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce
- Liz O’Neill, Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area
- Beba Svigir, Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association (CIWA)
- Sue Tomney, YWCA Calgary
- Anita Turna, Alberta Association of Child Care Operators (AACCO)
The advisory group will provide ongoing advice to government to help inform long-term planning for child care for working parents.
Last updated: April 22, 2021