The SGRR first came into effect in 2004, and requires facilities that emit 10,000 tonnes or more of specified gases to submit annual reports on their emissions.
Specified Gas Reporting Standard
The Specified Gas Reporting Standard details who is required to report specified gas emissions and how the information is collected. Facilities that are subject to reporting requirements under the SGRR must follow the requirements set out in the Specified Gas Reporting Standard.
Facilities subject to the SGRR report their emissions through the federal government’s Single Window Information Management (SWIM) System.
The reported information is used to inform policy development and for analysis and reporting purposes.
Alberta Greenhouse Gas Quantification Methodologies (AQM)
Quantification methodologies for emissions, production and other reported data are prescribed for facilities that are subject to the Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction Regulation and the Specified Gas Reporting Regulation.
- Alberta Greenhouse Gas Quantification Methodologies (Version 2.0)
- Record of Deviation Form (XLSX, 28 KB)
- Creating a Facility Boundary File Using Google Earth (PDF, 2.5 MB)
Draft AQM for comment period
A draft AQM is posted above for a 30-day stakeholder comment period and includes the following chapters and appendices:
- Chapter 1 Stationary Fuel Combustion
- Chapter 4 Venting
- Chapter 5 On-Site Transportation
- Chapter 8 Industrial Processes
- Chapter 12 Imports
- Chapter 13 Production
- Chapter 14 Carbon Dioxide Emissions from Combustion of Biomass
- Chapter 16 Cogeneration Benchmark Calculations
- Chapter 17 Measurements, Sampling, Analysis and Data Management
- Appendix A References
- Appendix B Fuel Properties
- Appendix C General Calculation Instructions
- Appendix D Conversion Factors
- Appendix E Additional Information for the Alberta Gas Processing Index
Refer to the following documents:
- Draft Alberta Greenhouse Gas Quantification Methodologies (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Draft Alberta Greenhouse Gas Quantification Methodologies (redlined version) (PDF, 1.9 MB)
Refer to the above section for the finalized Alberta Greenhouse Gas Quantification Methodologies (Version 2.0).
Submit your questions and comments using the template form below to [email protected] by the closing date of December 2, 2020.
- Stakeholder Comments Table (DOCX, 226 KB)
Subscribe to mailing list
This automatic email system distributes information pertaining to the specified gas reporting program to subscribers. This list and the department’s website are the primary sources of information and updates on mandatory greenhouse gas emissions reporting.
The personal information collected through the Specified Gas Reporting form may be used for the purpose of providing you with a subscription to updates on the Specified Gas Reporting Mailing List.
This personal information collection is authorized under Section 8 (1)(2) of the Government Organization Act and Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
Connect with the Alberta Climate Change Office by email at [email protected].