Applications closed on January 31, 2019.
The Sector-specific Industrial Energy Efficiency (SIEE) Program will help Alberta’s emissions-intensive and trade-exposed (EITE) facilities:
- reduce emissions
- increase competitiveness
- lower carbon compliance costs
- improve energy efficiency through technology and equipment upgrades
The $50-million program, funded by Alberta’s Climate Leadership Plan, targets efficiency at pulp and paper, chemical, fertilizer and metals facilities.
Eligible applicants include facilities in EITE subsectors within the pulp and paper, chemical, fertilizer, minerals, and metals sectors with the following North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes:
|EITE subsectors||NAICS codes|
|Chemical||325110, 325189, 325190|
|Minerals||327310, 327410, 327990|
|Pulp and Paper||322112|
Only facilities that are regulated under the Carbon Competitiveness Incentive Regulation 2018 reporting year are eligible for funding. Successful applicants are eligible to receive 75% of project costs up to a maximum of $8 million per facility.
How to apply
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Step 1. Download, review and complete the application form
Applications are open from December 19, 2018 to January 31, 2019.
Step 2. Submit the application form
Email the completed form to:
After you apply
Project applications will be evaluated against a set of five major criteria including:
- Meets the program alignment and application requirements
- Reduces GHG emissions intensity
- Benefits industry competitiveness
- Social, economic and/or environmental benefits
- Represents project strength
Successful applicants will be notified in spring 2019.
To connect with the Sector-specific Industrial Energy Efficiency (SIEE) Program: