Report parking placard abuse
How to report misuse or abuse of a parking placard for people with disabilities.
- Any abuse or misuse of a parking placard and registration certificate may result in the parking placard registration being cancelled, including:
- tampering with the placard or registration certificate
- allowing someone other than you to use the placard and registration certificate
- The person with the disability cannot use disabled parking by remaining in the vehicle while the driver or another passenger leaves the vehicle.
- If parking privileges/placards are abused, your parking placard and registration may be cancelled and your parking privileges revoked.
- Service Alberta may notify enforcement authorities if your placard is cancelled.
Reporting placard abuse
Using a placard
If you’re aware of someone using a parking placard that hasn’t been issued to them, report the incident to Alberta Registries, Motor Vehicles at email@example.com and provide the following information:
- details of the incident, including time and place
- the licence plate number
- make/model of the vehicle
- placard number
- description of the individual using the placard
Using an accessible parking space
If you’re aware of someone parking in a designated stall and there isn’t a valid parking placard displayed or a special disabled licence plate on the rear of the vehicle, contact the municipal parking authority.