- Any abuse or misuse of a parking placard and registration certificate may result in the parking placard registration being cancelled, including:
- tampering with the placard or registration certificate
- allowing someone other than you to use the placard and registration certificate
- The person with the disability cannot use disabled parking by remaining in the vehicle while the driver or another passenger leaves the vehicle.
- If parking privileges/placards are abused, your parking placard and registration may be cancelled and your parking privileges revoked.
- Service Alberta may notify enforcement authorities if your placard is cancelled.
Reporting placard abuse
Using a placard
If you’re aware of someone using a parking placard that hasn’t been issued to them, report the incident to Alberta Registries, Motor Vehicles at [email protected] and provide the following information:
- details of the incident, including time and place
- the licence plate number
- make/model of the vehicle
- placard number
- description of the individual using the placard
Using an accessible parking space
If you’re aware of someone parking in a designated stall and there isn’t a valid parking placard displayed or a special disabled licence plate on the rear of the vehicle, contact the municipal parking authority.
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.