The Provincial Education Requisition Credit (PERC) provides municipalities with an education property tax credit equal to the uncollectable education property taxes on delinquent oil and gas properties.
Initially introduced to provide relief to municipalities for the 2015 through 2019 tax years, the program has been extended for two more years as the tax recovery challenges continue.
Municipalities may apply for PERC retroactively to the 2015 tax year through to the 2021 tax year.
To reduce red tape, municipalities can now apply for both the PERC and the Designated Industrial Requisition Credit (DIRC) programs under a single application.
How to apply
Read the Property Tax Credit Guidelines first and follow the instructions to complete and submit the application form.
Trouble opening or completing PDF forms?
Fillable forms do not open properly on some mobile devices and web browsers. To fill in and save this form:
- Click on the PDF link to save it on your computer.
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF from within Adobe Reader. You can now fill and save your form.
Guidelines and forms
- Property Tax Credit Guidelines
- PERC/DIRC Application Form (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- PERC/DIRC Property Details Form (XLS, 30 KB)
- 2019 PERC Credit Approval List
Connect with the Grants and Education Property Tax Branch: