Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
The Provincial Construction Program is released as part of the Government of Alberta’s annual budget. The plan includes:
- major capital projects scheduled over the next 3 years
- capital maintenance and renewal (bridge construction and highway rehabilitation) projects scheduled over the next 3 years
- water management infrastructure projects scheduled over the next 3 years
- slide repair projects scheduled over the next year
Projects in the 2022 plan for highway, bridges and water management:
- include a focused emphasis on highway and bridge maintenance and rehabilitation
- continue investment to improve safety, competitiveness and capacity of Alberta’s highway network
- enhance job creation, economic growth and market access
- protect Albertans from future flood events
The plan reflects the full life cycle of major construction projects:
Find projects near you
For more information about the Provincial Construction Program, find your region by checking the Municipalities, Locations and Corresponding Transportation Regions list (PDF, 608 KB), then contact your local Regional Office:
North Central Region
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.