Email a completed application to [email protected].
The Premier’s Citizenship Award is one of 3 Alberta Citizenship Awards that recognize students who have contributed to their communities through public service and voluntary endeavour.
The Government of Alberta annually presents one award to a student enrolled in each high school in Alberta. Each recipient receives a letter of commendation from the Premier.
A nominee must:
- be a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible)
- be an Alberta resident, for which one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies
- be graduating from high school in the current academic year
Alberta high schools can each select one recipient for the Premier's Citizenship Award. Students may wish to contact their school administration to be considered for nomination.
To select a recipient, schools must submit a completed and signed Alberta Citizenship Awards Application form. Students and school administration should work together to compile and submit this document.
What student attributes should be considered?
The nominee should display outstanding characteristics in:
- community service and/or engagement in volunteer work
The nominee should have also demonstrated initiative and have had a positive impact in the community/school.
Note: Academic achievement is not a requirement for these awards.
The deadline for schools to submit nominations is June 1, of every year.
Connect with Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women, Strategic Stakeholder Outreach:
Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women, Strategic Stakeholder Outreach
905, 10405 Jasper Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4R7