Email a completed application to [email protected].
The Premier’s Citizenship Award is 1 of 3 Alberta Citizenship Awards that recognize students who have contributed to their communities through public service and volunteering.
The Government of Alberta annually presents 1 award to a student enrolled in each high school in Alberta. Each recipient receives a letter of commendation from the Premier.
A nominee must:
- be a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible)
- be an Alberta resident, for which 1 of the following conditions must apply:
- 1 parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies
- be graduating from high school in the current academic year
Alberta high schools can each select 1 recipient for the Premier's Citizenship Award. Students may wish to contact their school administration to be considered for nomination.
To select a recipient, schools must submit a completed and signed Alberta Citizenship Awards Application form. Students and school administration should work together to compile and submit this document.
Student attributes to considered
The nominee should display outstanding characteristics in:
- community service or engagement in volunteer work
The nominee should have also demonstrated initiative and have had a positive impact in the community or school.
Note: Academic achievement is not a requirement for these awards.
The deadline for schools to submit nominations is June 1 of every year.
Connect with Strategic Stakeholder Outreach:
Alberta Culture and Status of Women, Strategic Stakeholder Outreach
905, 10405 Jasper Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4R7
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.