Email a completed application to [email protected].
The Premier’s Citizenship Award is 1 of 3 Alberta Citizenship Awards that recognize students who have contributed to their communities through public service and volunteering.
Each high school in Alberta will select one graduating grade 12 student to receive this award. The Government of Alberta annually presents 1 award to a student enrolled in each high school in Alberta. Each recipient receives a letter of commendation from the Premier.
A recipient must:
- be a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible)
- be an Alberta resident, for which 1 of the following conditions must apply:
- 1 parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies
- be graduating from high school in the current academic year
Alberta high schools can each select 1 recipient for the Premier's Citizenship Award. Students may wish to contact their school administration to be considered.
Once a school has selected their recipient, the school must submit a completed and signed Alberta Citizenship Awards Application form on behalf of the student. Students and school administration should work together to compile and submit this document.
Student attributes to consider
The recipient should display outstanding characteristics in:
- community service or engagement in volunteer work
The recipient should have also demonstrated initiative and have had a positive impact in the community or school.
Note: Academic achievement is not a requirement for any of these awards.
Additional submission materials and eligibility criteria are required to be considered for an Alberta Centennial Award or a Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Citizenship Medallion.
The deadline for schools to submit application forms to Alberta Culture is June 1 of every year.
Connect with Strategic Stakeholder Outreach:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Email: [email protected]
Strategic Stakeholder Outreach
905, 10405 Jasper Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4R7
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.